Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It will always come.

"I wouldn't want a boy to think I was pretty unless he was the kind of boy who I thought was pretty."
--Jonathan Safran, 'Everything is Illuminated'

She remembered once hearing a song that said the first person you fell in love with stole your heart. The first person you made love with stole your soul. And if these were one and the same, you were damned.

There is one thing in life that you can't be cynical about, and that is love, because one day it will come. It will always come.

I was thinking about how it drives me crazy just to feel your hand in mine, and how simple that is.

Why is it that so many things, so many words, are wasted on love? Are we really that pathetic that our entire lives can revolve around just one person? Around one fleeting feeling? Maybe I’m just jealous. Or maybe I’m above it all. Maybe I’m just lonely.

“I didn’t want to be in a relationship with someone unless they were absolutely right, and, let’s face it, how often do you meet someone who you really fancy and really like? Exactly."
--Jane Green, 'Mr. Maybe'

"I like him. I'm not crazy about him yet, I'll be ready to say good-bye later, but I like him. And that's enough for me right now."
--Nicholas Sparks, 'The Guardian'

If there’s one thing those boys were good for it was making our hearts sing beautiful words.

No comments: