Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm the bravest girl you'll ever meet.

"You make yourself strong because it’s expected of you. You become confident because someone beside you is unsure. You turn into the person others need you to be."
--Jodi Picoult, 'Vanishing Acts'

Whenever a memory pops in your head, you always have to wonder, how many more times will I be able to remember that again? Will I ever remember that again? How many times can you revisit a memory?

She fooled everyone into thinking she's so strong but she still sleeps with the light on.

Soon all the joy that pours from everything makes fountains of your eyes
Because you finally understand the movement of a hand waving good-bye

"You see, I'm the bravest girl you'll ever meet. And yet, I shrink down to nothing at the thought of someone really seeing me."
--Marie Digby, 'Unfold'

No comments: