Sunday, October 12, 2008

You're not a day too soon.

All lyrics by Sia

Deep sea pearl diving
Constantly uwinding
Emotional hiding
Effortlessly shining
Beautiful calm driving

We've accepted and we've laid blame
We've felt separate and we've felt the same

I am a dash and you are a dot
When will you see that I am all that you've got?

I'm greater than X and lesser than Y
So why is it that I still can't catch your eye?

And if I am a number, I'm infinity plus one
And you are five words, you are afraid to be the one
And if you are a number, you're infinity plus one
And if I am four words then I am needing of your love

Careful not to crush me in those hungry hands
Careful not to rush me into this fine romance

I've been running all my life
I ran away from good
I've been waiting all my life
You're not a day too soon

Honey, I will stitch you
Darling, I will fit you in my heart
Honey, I will meet you
Darling, I will keep you in my heart

To tell you the truth, I can't believe I love you so much

He says, "Girl, it's your call,
You wanna fly, you wanna fall?"
So I shout, "I wanna get away from you as fast as I can"
I tell my feet to move it, I hope they have a plan

Your smile I keep on file

You tickle me pink
I love the way you think

He greets the stranger meekly, a thing that she accepts
She sees him waiting often with chocolate on the steps
He senses she is lonely, she's glad they finally met
They take each other's hands, walk into the sunset

No comments: