Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Journeys end in lovers meeting.

"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
--Emily Bronte, 'Wuthering Heights'

I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said, "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said, "love is blind." Now that is something I know to be true. For some quite inexplicably, love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course, love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. It's called unrequited love. Of that, I am an expert.
--'The Holiday'

I still believe that this heart of mine will learn to love.

Love has always had a plan for you. That doesn't mean you get to know what it is.

I'll continue to love you as long as there is something to love.

Your heart is a strange little orange to peel.

"When you're in love you don't have to do a damn thing. You can just be. You can just stay quiet in the world. You don't have to move an inch."
--Charles Baxter, 'Feast of Love'

No comments: