Saturday, November 08, 2008

I can resist anything but temptation.

It seems to me, the problems you worry yourself sick about never materialize. It's the ones that catch you unexpectedly on a Wednesday afternoon that knock you sideways.

Lisa: I wish I were creative.
Jeff: You are. You're great at creating difficult situations.
--'Rear Window'

To walk, we have to lean forward, lose our balance, and begin to fall. We let go constantly of the previous stability, falling all the time, trusting that we will find a succession of new stabilities with each step.

I was waiting for something extraordinary to happen but as the years wasted on nothing ever did unless I caused it.

She's just wandering around the house looking real sad and she keeps on sighing as though she's real bored and doesn't know what to do next.

If you must win no matter what, cheat.

I can resist anything but temptation.

I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute.

"It is awfully easy to be hard-boiled about everything in the daytime, but at night it is another thing."
--Hemingway

No comments: