Monday, November 10, 2008

I fancy myself Wonder Woman.

"The problem, as I see it, is that a sad percentage of gorgeous women just settle for being gorgeous. They get to sixteen, go, 'Well, I'm gorgeous, people like me, that's it,' and just stop. I mean, they've got nothing on the girls who struggle onward with zits and bad dates, the girls who fight life every step of the way so by the time they're twenty they're funny and smart and cynical and utterly, utterly desirable. That's what I like."
--Maxx Barry, 'Syrup'

It was the kind of memory that had the bittersweet taste of unfinished business.

"I was beginning to see, though, that the unknown wasn't always the greatest thing to fear. The people who knew you best can be riskier, because the words they say & the things they think have the potential to be not only scary but true, as well."
--Sarah Dessen, 'Just Listen'

"I just feel like I'm never gonna have it. The whole package, you know? That person--that couple life. And I swear, I hate admitting it because I fancy myself Wonder Woman, but I really want it. The whole package."
--'Gilmore Girls'

And when you're on the street, depending on the street, I bet you are definitely in the top three good-looking girls on the street.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
--Henry Ford

"We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are."
--Oprah

"If you want to look at my feet, say so," said the young man. "But don't be a God-damned sneak about it."
--J.D. Salinger

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world -- no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe."
--Neil Gaiman, 'The Sandman'

You know more than you think you do just as you know less than you'd like to.

You could patch up whatever was broken but if you were the one who fixed it, you'd always know in your heart where the fault lines lay.

No comments: