Monday, November 10, 2008

I said I love that boy.

All this indecision, all this independent strength, still we've got our hearts on safe.
--Gavin DeGraw

"I want you to be the first and the second and the third and the last."
--'Second Helpings'

The things you do for love are gonna come back to you one by one.

I said I love that boy, like a rabbit loves to run.

I wish I hadn't known of you until I was seventy years old, because then I could have waited for you my whole life.

There are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can.

Let's just get to the end of this, because maybe that's where it will begin. Let's fast forward through the moths swarming in my stomach and skip to the butterflies.

1. The path is not straight.
2. Mistakes need not be fatal.
3. People are more important than achievements or possessions.
4. Be gentle with your parents.
5. Never stop doing what you care most about.
6. Learn to use a semicolon.
7. You will find love.
--Marion Winik

No comments: