Sunday, November 30, 2008

The whole wide world is mine.

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them. Disagree with them. Glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”
--Apple Inc.

You can be weighed down by every single person in your life, but it takes one person, whether it be someone you’re with, not with, or even a complete stranger you’ve had your eye on, to lift you off your feet with one breath.

"I realize that if I wait until I am no longer afraid to write, act, speak, be, I'll be sending messages on a Ouija board, cryptic complaints from the other side."
--Audre Lorde

“There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: One is roots. The other is wings.”
--Hodding Carter Jr.

“Don’t tease me about my hobbies. I don’t tease you about being an asshole.”
--'Garden State'

“Fate is like a strange unpopular restaurant filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.”
--Lemony Snicket

“If you’re really listening, if you’re awake to the poignant beauty of the world, your heart breaks regularly. In fact, your heart is made to break; its purpose is to burst open again and again so that it can hold ever-more wonders.”
--Andrew Harvey

"I love this part. When you look at someone and they don’t look away."
--'Brothers And Sisters'

"I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at maximum volume, it’s almost like other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow."
--Chuck Klosterman, 'Killing Yourself To Live'

“And everyday I wake I tell myself another harmless lie, the whole wide world is mine.”
--Angels and Airwaves

No comments: