Friday, February 13, 2009

It's enough to break your heart.

"Do you know how sometimes when you are riding your bike and you start skidding across sand, or when you miss a step and start tumbling down the stairs - you have those long, long seconds to know that you are going to be hurt, and badly?"
--Jodi Picoult, 'My Sister's Keeper'

There are random moments where sometimes the pain is too much to handle; triggered by a thought, or a memory, or even a song. They are too much to handle sitting up; so I go to lay down. Instead of falling asleep and succumbing to the dream world, I daydream. I daydream about could be’s and what if’s, stories I could write down but would rather not, but mostly I daydream about you. Because thinking about you makes me smile, and when I smile on the outside I am definitely smiling inside. I only wish we could be a little bit closer in distance.

"Dreams are always crushing when they don't come true. But it's the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You're always close enough to touch, but never quite close enough to hold and it's enough to break your heart."
--Nicholas Sparks, 'Three Weeks with My Brother'

No comments: