Thursday, February 19, 2009

You make me feel like a moth that's reached the moon.

You and me, we're clever. People, on the other hand, are stupid.

One day, you will be given back every pen you've ever lost.

If nothing else, one day you can look someone straight in the eyes and say, "But I lived through it. And it made me who I am today."

It does not count if you believe in yourself when it's easy to believe in yourself. It does not count if you believe the world can be a better place when the future looks bright. It does not count if you think you're going to make it when the finish line is right in front of you. It counts when it's hard to believe in yourself, when it looks like the world's going to end and you've still got a long way to go. That's when it counts. That's when it matters the most.

Which is why you make me feel like a moth that's reached the moon.

You'll be as shocked as I was to discover that their last words weren't, "Did everybody like me? Did I like the right music? Were enough people attracted to me? How did people feel about my decisions? You don't think I upset anyone do you?"

I hope they make you happy. That's what I'll say.

I won't keep circling the ocean forever, hoping I'll spot your island on the horizon, uncolonised and flying an old, tattered flag. You on the shore with the sand between your toes.

If you enjoy the title of your job more than your job, you're in the wrong job.

No comments: