Thursday, April 16, 2009

Being alive is sometimes tricky.

Our life is one catastrophe after another. Disaster dogs us. I'm the luckiest man alive, and you know what that means. Earthquakes, landslides, falling trees. Wind and rain and rising waters. What the hell, we survive. The coyotes are screaming on the other side of the field; it's a strange music. The stars are out. It's lovely here, and like the world, I marry you every day.

Orange peels tend to make me think my life is going to be beautiful one day.

There are a couple good things in my life and a lot of things that worry me and a lot of people I really want to know but don't. I try to focus on the good things. I am just trying to be myself, what else can I do?

I do not know how to distinguish between our waking life and a dream. Are we not always living the life that we imagine we are?

Just in case things aren't going well today, consider this a simple reminder that being alive is sometimes tricky. But you're doing a really good job. I am so glad to know you.

No comments: