Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sometimes it's easier to just miss people.

Sometimes you get up and bake a cake or something
sometimes you stay in bed
sometimes you go la di da di da di da da
til your eyes roll back into your head
you’re dumbstruck baby
you’re dumbstruck baby now you know
--The National

“You stand very still, like you were in the arms of everyone you ever wanted.”
--The National

"When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here."
--Jim Henson

“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.”
--Albert Einstein

The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters.

You breathe oxygen? We have so much in common.

because i'm not screaming,
because i'm not loud
because i think before i speak,
because i question before i act
you think i'm not ready,
you think i don't understand
you are wrong.
i am ready.
i'll fight you now.
my way.

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
--Sarah Williams

We never stop doing this. Our bodies suddenly lightning, lighting up the sky. No way around it. We chew right to the bone. The days are still long and painful but there are flowers somewhere that no one planted. There are children who are pointing at a sticker, a lollipop, and it is all they need to be happy; to feel complete. We make it through, we get by and at the end of the day we sleep next to each other. We made it. We are finally here. Where we belong. It never gets old.
--Eric Shaw

You are too good for doors. Therefore, I pledge to open them for you. Car doors. Store doors. House Doors. Cafe doors. Many other doors. I'll open jars, too. You need not be trifled with them either.

I want something random, incredible, beautiful, unexpected. I want to be caught off guard, and swept impossibly too high off my feet.

"When I learn something new and it happens every day, I feel a little more at home in this universe, a little more comfortable in the nest."
--Bill Moyers

I don't know why, but sometimes this place makes me feel so stuck. & why do I always have such a problem being around people that I love? I guess I just don't like the feeling of obligation. I'd like to be around you simply because I want to be, not because I feel like I have to be. Sometimes it's easier to just miss people.

"I wonder how much it would take to buy a soap bubble, if there were only one in the world."
--Mark Twain

"Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom."
--Soren Kierkegaard

Half of my memories have gotten stolen, the other half is scratchy & faded. Still the most important things are in my mind.

They say that
nothing is wasted:
either that
or
it all is.

One day you're jumping in puddles, and the next thing you know, thirty years have passed, and you're telling your kids to walk around them.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress, only when he sticks his neck out.

I was struck by how good-looking he was, in that accidental, doesn’t-even-know-it kind of way. The way I see it, there are some things that are just meant to be the way they are. Some people believe that everything happens for a reason. And some people, well, don’t.

No comments: