Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tell me that you love me.

Every time I take a shower I always write the name of the guy I like currently on the glass door that has fogged up from the heat of the water. I don’t know when I started doing this but I’ve pretty much been doing it for as long as I can remember. It just feels freeing to write it down, it’s like I’m telling someone but the secret is kept forever as the steam slowly covers over the letters again. Anyways, my point is: I wrote your name on my shower door five times this morning.

I guess what makes me different from most girls is that I'm not the type to squeal all over you and I don't ask for your attention at all times. I know what I want and I know how to get it but I don't hurt people along the way. I can be a bitch but I'm also a weird, obnoxious loser, but hey, that's the truth in me. I guess you can say I'm complicated, but I'd rather be difficult than easy any day. I can be hard to figure out at times but if you know me, I'm not that much of a confusing person. So why don't you actually open up your heart instead of just your eyes and take a look at me, then tell me that you love me.

“You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip.”
--Jonathan Carroll

If this comes creased and creased again and soiled
as if I’d opened it a thousand times
to see if what I’d written here was right,
it’s all because I looked too long for you
to put in your pocket. Midnight says
the little gifts of loneliness come wrapped
by nervous fingers. What I wanted this
to say was that I want to be so close
that when you find it, it is warm from me.
--Ted Koozer

I’m going to tell you that there is nothing better than men who love women. Who can be wholly and truly, uncomfortably undone by one. That is the only sort of man worth having.

"Today, see if you can stretch your heart and expand your love so that it touches not only those to whom you can give it easily, but also to those who need it so much.”
--Author Unknown

No comments: