Saturday, March 13, 2010

Things keep getting born in me.

THE BRIDE
I wonder if ever
I will be a bride
with a white lace gown,
standing in front of everyone
looking beautiful
because someone
loves me
that much.

There’s something about being wrong that’s important in life. It teaches you to reanalyze, to look at something from a new angle, to get the foot out of your mouth. Being wrong is one of the most profound experiences a person can have.

If you find you’re lacking anything, let me know and I’ll show you how to live without it.

"The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life."
--Jessica Hische

"My secret is being not terrible at a lot of things."
--Moby

“to love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you’ve held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.”
--Ellen Bass

“Have you ever lost yourself in a kiss? I mean pure psychedelic inebriation. Not just lustful petting but transcendental metamorphosis when you became aware that the greatness of this being was breathing into you. Licking the sides and corners of your mouth, like sealing a thousand fleshy envelopes filled with the essence of your passionate being and then opened by the same mouth and delivered back to you, over and over again - the first kiss of the rest of your life. A kiss that confirms that the universe is aligned, that the world’s greatest resource is love, and maybe even that God is a woman. With or without a belief in God, all kisses are metaphors decipherable by allocations of time, circumstance, and understanding.”
--Saul Williams, Said the shotgun to the Head

"Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, ‘So what.’ That’s one of my favorite things to say. ‘So what.’"
--Andy Warhol

"I want to keep my soul fertile for changes, so things keep getting born in me, so things keep dying when it’s time for them to die. I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not read the same page recurrently."
--Donald Miller

I just want someone to think I’m special, to see me apart from the crowd, as worth knowing and loving. I don’t care if that sounds weak. I like independence, but sometimes it feels like a defense mechanism.

No comments: