Saturday, March 13, 2010

I used to look at her feet and think she always picked the perfect nail polish. Staring at her jaw line and her eyelashes she was exactly how I always pictured my girlfriend to look. Flipping her hair to one side, her mouth half open she looked up from her book, paused and said with a snip, "what!?!" "I'm just looking." I countered, startled I was caught in mid-lurker gaze. Truth is, I wanted her to notice because I was too much of a pussy to look at her head on for any other reason. This is the moment that I remember. The moment that was the most intense. The moment both of our faces looked at each other head on. The drives, the movies, the sex…you never realize just how rare it is to have two people look directly at each another. I took advantage of the moment; I breathed in her exhale and felt the swoon they speak of in books. Like your hair is slowly melting across your forehead causing your eyes to close and your chin to lift. God himself couldn't envision anything so pristine. She was made for forehead kisses. She was made to accentuate reflected light. She was made to float when she walked. She was made good. Good enough to love someone who didn't deserve her love. She was made for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHERE IS THIS FROM ! WHAT BOOK !? I NEEEED IT !