Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Learn to float.

“Because I know in my life, the movies I watch and the music I listen to and the books I read - those are important to me. It’s very important to me, and I don’t know what I would do without those things. And so to be a part of that exchange is about as meaningful to me as anything I can think of.”
--Joseph Gordon Levitt

''It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.''
--George Horace Lorimer

"Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better."
--Albert Camus

I feel like when she moves, the time doesn’t.

There is no such thing as bad weather only bad attitudes.

"A man should look as if he had bought his clothes with intelligence, put them on with care, and then forgotten all about them."
--Hardy Amies

"You are the music, while the music lasts."
--T.S. Eliot

"We laughed and laughed, together and separately, out loud and silently, we were determined to ignore whatever needed to be ignored, to build a new world from nothing if nothing in our world could be salvaged, it was one of the best days of my life, a day during which I lived my life and didn’t think about my life at all."
--Jonathan Safran Foer, 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close'

“I certainly have not the talent which some people possess of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concerns, as I often see done.”
--Jane Austen

“It always fascinates me how people go from loving you madly, to nothing at all… nothing. It hurts so much. When I feel someone is going to leave me I have a tendency to break up first before I get to hear the whole thing. Here it is, one more one less, another wasted love story. I really loved this one.”
--Marion, '2 Days in Paris'

“We were just talking about those American Apparel ads. They’re fucking gross, man. Look, I love beautiful girls too. I think everyone should be free to have their knee socks and their sweaty shorts, but I’m over it. I’m over this weird, exhausted girl. I’m over the girl that’s tired and freezing and hungry. I like bossy girls, I always have. I like people filled with life. I’m over this weird media thing with all this, like, hollow-eyed, empty, party crap.”
--Amy Poehler

"Memories mean more to me than dresses."
--Anne Frank

"This is true happiness: to have no ambition and to work like a horse as if you had every ambition. To live far from men, not to need them and yet to love them. To have the stars above, the land to your left and the sea to your right and to realize of a sudden that in your heart, life has accomplished its final miracle: it has become a fairy tale."
--Nikos Kazantzakis

"I am rooted, but I flow."
--Virginia Woolf

"Thoughts are slow and deep and golden in the morning."
--John Steinbeck

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside."
--Mark Twain

Learn to float. Both in water and in life.

“Why should it be easy..? Why should love be easy? I’m the work of your life & you’re the work of mine.”
--'The Last Station'

No comments: