Wednesday, August 18, 2010

She's the quietest girl I've ever seen.

“Just because as human beings, what we can’t have is what we replay in our head over and over again before we go to sleep.”
--Taylor Swift

“Sooner or later, you start taking yourself seriously. You know when you need a break. You know when you need a rest. You know what to get worked up about and what to get rid of. And you know when it’s time to take care of yourself, for yourself. To do something that makes you stronger, faster, more complete. Because you know it’s never too late to have a life. And never too late to change one.”
--Nike Advertisement

“Love is essential to the decoration of a house … A room must say, ‘My love is here,’ or ‘My love has just left,’ or ‘I’m waiting for my love to arrive.’”
--Madeline Castaing

“People sometimes say that the way things happen in the movies is unreal, but actually it’s the way things happen to you in life that’s unreal. The movies make emotions look so strong and real, whereas when things really do happen to you, it’s like watching television — you don’t feel anything.”
--Andy Warhol

Dance. And one day you'll stop walking.

It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.

“The sea, the stars, the night wind in waste places, mean more to me than even the human beings I love best.”
--Bertrand Russell

Transform anxiety into excitement, focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create.

"When the woman you live with is an artist, every day is a surprise."
--Audrey Niffenegger

"If it ain't a pleasure, it ain't a poem."
--William Carlos Williams

“People divide the South from the North at the Mason Dixon Line, but I’ve always thought the real marker is the sweet tea line.”
--Tommy Tomlinson

"Learning how to discipline your speech is a way of preventing your energies from spilling out of you through the rupture of your mouth, exhausting you and filling the world with words, words, words instead of serenity, peace and bliss."
--'Eat, Pray, Love'

"She never speaks. She's so elusive. She's so mystical. I can't even imagine what her voice sounds like. You never hear her coming up behind you on the garden path when she's out walking . . . she moves as silently as the breeze. She must be in a constant state of meditative communion with God. She's the quietest girl I've ever seen."
--'Eat, Pray, Love'

"With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go."
--'Eat, Pray, Love'

My thoughts tend to sound better in books I didn’t write, and in the songs I didn’t sing. Even then, sometimes there is no piece of literature, no song, no work of art that can really explain the way you feel. There is a double-edge comfort in knowing that no one really knows.

“No one ever tells you that you’re never going to feel grown up.”
--Saroyan

“My mother taught me to focus on being myself and not to worry what other people think about you. I know that as long as I’m a good person I’ll stay on the right path. From my dad I learned that when someone tells you “No” it’s only the beginning of a conversation. They both have always let me know that I can do anything I want to do as long as I don’t give up. They are the most important role models in my life because they are exactly who I want to be when I grow up. They are supportive and understanding and I try every day to remember what they’ve taught me.”
--Lauren Conrad

“My goal has always been not to look forward to the next thing, but to relish and celebrate the successes I have at the moment. Whether it’s landing a part in a student film or having a good day in acting class, I never discredit anything. I believe in rewarding yourself too. With every job I’ve gotten, I’ve bought myself something. When Glee was picked up, I rented a piano for the year. For smaller victories, I’ll go to dinner with a friend, or go for a walk and think about it all. It’s important to say to yourself, Today was a good day.”
--Dianna Agron

"I've learned that it doesn't matter how your husband squeezes the toothpaste, the important thing is how he squeezes you."
--H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."
--Mary Jean Iron

“I am learning how to be alone without being lonely, learning how to be lonely without losing my mind.”
--Paul Baribeau

"Our language, Tiger, our language, hundreds of thousands of available words, frillions of possible legitimate new ideas, so that I can say this sentence and be confident it has never been uttered before in the history of human communication: “Hold the newsreader’s nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.” One sentence, common words, but never before placed in that order. And yet, oh and yet, all of us spend our days saying the same things to each other, time after weary time, living by clichaic, learned response: “I love you”, “Don’t go in there”, “You have no right to say that”, “shut up”, “I’m hungry”, “that hurt”, “why should I?”, “it’s not my fault”, “help”, “Marjorie is dead”. You see? That surely is a thought to take out for a cream tea on a rainy Sunday afternoon."
--Stephen Fry

“The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.”
--Bertrand Russell

1 comment:

L.S said...

Hello~
I must say you have great taste in quotes.
It is quite amazing the amount of quotes that you have in this blog.

Thank you for sharing.