Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's your god forsaken right to be loved.

You know how when you're listening to music playing from another room? And you're singing along because it's a tune that you really love? When a door closes or a train passes so you can't hear the music anymore, but you hear the music again you're still in the exact same time with. That's what love is like.

The more I know of love, the less I know it. The more I give to love, the more I owe it.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
--Albert Einstein

She did not love him enough to marry him, but she loved him too much to tell him that.

"She belonged to me," he said simply.
"What do you mean by that?"
"She was, you know, all the things I wasn't. And I was all the things she wasn't. She could paint circles around anyone; I can't even draw a straight line. She was never into sports; I've always been."
He lifted his outstretched palm and curled his fingers. 
"Her hand," he said. "It fit mine."
--Jodi Picoult, 'The Pact'

"I could see that she had never been less than what I'd figured her to be. If anything, she was always better than I remembered. And that's what I think love is, when your hindsight's twenty-twenty, and you still wouldn't change a thing."
--Jodi Picoult, 'The Pact'

"People should fall in love with their eyes closed. Just close your eyes. Don't look and it's magic."
--Andy Warhol

I know that these things can make you wacky. He liked enchiladas, I liked enchiladas. I hate enchiladas. you know what I mean?

But some emotions don't make a lot of noise. It’s hard to hear pride. Caring is real faint like a heart beat. And pure love, why some days it's so quiet, you don't even know it's there.

You are not exactly the love of my life, because I expect to love you longer than that. The love of my existence.

It's you god forsaken right to be loved.

Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it's a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life, and love shouldn't be one of them.

"And unless you marry your high school sweetheart (and even sometimes then), there is usually a not-so-glorious back story. There are people and places and events that lead you to your final relationship, people and places and events you'd prefer to forget or at least gloss over. In the end, you can slap a pretty label on it--like serendipity or fate. Or you can believe that it's just the random way life unfolds."
--Emily Giffin

"Even big-screen romances have 'it's not going to work' moments. It's nice to strive for romance in life. What are you going to do, throw in the towel because you might get your heart broken?"
--Drew Barrymore

It’s called falling in love for a reason – because, inevitably, you crash at the bottom.

No comments: