Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A beautiful gasoline rainbow

All quotes from 'The Lovely Bones' by Alice Sebold

"I had rescued the moment by using my camera & in that way had found a way to stop time & hold it. No one could take that image away from me because I owned it."

"It was better to look like you were doing something when you stared into the distance, she had learned. Otherwise it was likely that strange men would come over & try to talk to you."

"Sometimes you cry, even when someone you love has been gone a long time."

"She now knew that being a mother was a calling, something plenty of young girls dreams of being."

"For both of us it was about getting lost. She got lost in her story, I got lost in her talk."

"Our only kiss was like an accident -- a beautiful gasoline rainbow."

"'A father’s suspicion…' she began 'is as powerful as a mother’s intuition.'"

"'How to commit the perfect murder' was an old game in heaven, I always chose the icicle: the weapon melts away."

"It always dissolved into giggles no matter the start."

No comments: