Thursday, August 07, 2008

Charlie Browniest

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."
--Charlie Brown

"That's the secret to life: replace one worry with another."
--Charlie Brown

"I've developed a new philosophy: I only dread one day at a time."
--Charlie Brown

"Rats. Nobody sent me a Christmas card today. I almost wish there weren't a holiday season. I know nobody likes me. Why do we have to have a holiday season to emphasize it?"
--Charlie Brown

"There's nothing like unrequited love to take all the flavor out of a peanut butter sandwich."
--Charlie Brown

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
--Snoopy

"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves and then we have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos."
--Snoopy

"Oh, Charlie Brown! Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you are the Charlie Browniest."
--Linus

No comments: