Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Could I kiss you and make you a queen?

All lyrics by 'Augustana'
There you were in your black dress
Moving slow to the sadness
I could watch you dance for hours
I could take you by my side
--Fire

We're passing the time
We're breaking apart
We're damned at the end
We're damned at the start
Blame it on the roses
Blame it on the red
Running out of time
Running out of breath
--Hey Now

Back and forth and side to side
Right ain't wrong if wrong ain't right
I will love you day and night
--I Still Ain't Over You

Climb up a mountain, just to watch it come down
But sooner or later babe, you're gonna need me around
'Cause you're getting older, there ain't no stopping that
It's a backstabbing world honey, just lean your head back
--Meet Me There Someday

Six in the morning, never felt so sweet
Just put on Lucinda baby, and dance with me
I know I'm hard to count on
Forget half what I'm told
You probably only know my voice from
A goddamn microphone
--Meet Me There Someday

Breaking up with your breakdown
Standing tall in your white gown
You're going nowhere, you're going fast
Slowin' down, but it never lasts
Take your time
--Rest, Shame, Love

It's the wrong dream, with the wrong man
With a cold gun, in your own hand
Get it right this time, get it off your mind
Let the summer rain bring you rest and shame and love
--Rest, Shame, Love

If you can't love babe, then you can't hurt
You take the good times, with the worst
--Rest, Shame, Love

Could I kiss you and make you a queen? 
Or something in between
--Twenty Years

Move to New York City 
Take your woman by the hand 
Leave her there with her things on the doorstep 
And there's no way around it 
Could this be our last dance? 
So fall asleep with the TV, darling 
I'll be back again 
--Twenty Years

You're all alone, and you can't take it
You're just too tired to suffocate it
And all along we'll just fake it
--Where Love Went Wrong

Hold me down, sweet and low, little girl 
Hold me down, sweet and low, and I'll carry you home
--Sweet And Low

When she's sleeping on the sofa
When she's laying in her Sunday best
When she's turning over Friday
I could swear I'm sleeping less and less
When the ocean's getting warmer
And California's on her mind
Los Angeles is tired, but we always seem to feel alright
--Sunday Best

Jack and coke, please take off your coat
Come and dance, shuffle with a glance
Come and smile, please stay here awhile
--Bullets

She's shaking in the car with a gun in her hands
Falling over love and the sweet romance
And I ain't never thought it could come down to this
A bullet in my head with the sweetest kiss
--Bullets

'Cause it's 5 o'clock, the hour stops the sunlight
The buildings shade the masquerade and kill time
Here we're nothin' more than fools and whores and sad highs
Through the summer sand, we're living in a wasteland
--Wasteland

She said I think I'll go to Boston, I think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name
I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather
I think I'll get a lover and fly 'em out to Spain
I think I'll go to Boston, I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town, to leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset
I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice
--Boston

No comments: