Thursday, August 07, 2008

Love is in the air.

"I'm crazy about you and I want you to know that if I had the choice of hanging out with anyone in the entire world or just sitting at home with you eating a pizza and watching a crappy TV show, I'd chose you everytime."
--'Scrubs'

There's a greek myth that says that the gods originally made people with four arms, four legs, and two heads. And one day, they were bored and made bets with each other, and decided to send lightning down and split the humans in half subjecting them to a destiny of spending their lives searching for, literally, their other half.

Love is the most dangerous craving of all, if you ask me. It turns us into people we aren’t, it makes us feel like hell, and makes us walk on water. It ruins us for anything else.

"I'm not in love with you," he repeated to make sure I got the message. "But thank you for being brave enough to say it to me."

He said finally, “But you’re missing out. You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It’s not over-rated. There’s a reason for all those songs."

I'm not going to tell you I've never been in love, because you and I both know that's not true. I was in love once, and it didn't work out, and because of that, I have worked very, very hard to convince myself that love doesn't actually exist. Because I didn't want to admit that I'd screwed it up. And if I couldn't have it, I didn't want anyone else to, either.

"Another thing is no matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close."
--Chuck Palahniuk

I wasn't one of those girls who loved someone after a day. In fact I hadn't wanted to love anyone, ever. But I had. And at least I was bold enough to admit it. I had loved him. And if that made me weak, then so be it. But to me, admitting something like that? It made me strong.

All you ever wanted was love but you never looked hard enough.

Her heart was underlined but his was in parentheses
Her love was in bold but his was in quotations
Her "I love you's" were followed by a period, but his needed commas
For her, the relationship was in capital letters
But for him? Subscripted.

It's Spring break and love is in the air. Or is that a blend of Chanel no.9 and Gucci Rush? Is there a difference?

"Usually bands all get up here and tell you to put your middle fingers in the air and scream to 'Fuck God' or 'Fuck Government' or 'Fuck whatever'. But I want you to take your left hand, raise it in the air, and stick up your ring finger. Because this next song is for that person who you're going to spend the rest of your life with."
--Peter Wentz

A beautiful girl can make you dizzy, like you've been drinking jack and coke all morning. She can make you feel high full of the single greatest commodity known to man - promise. Promise of a better day. Promise of a greater hope. Promise of a new tomorrow. This particular aura can be found in the gait of a beautiful girl. In her smile, in her soul, the way she makes every rotten little thing about life seem like it's going to be okay. Yeah, I want to fall in love. Some boy fall in love with me please & I'll return the favor...

No comments: