Sunday, October 25, 2009

I didn't think. I just was.

"Maybe that whole love thing is just a grown up version of Santa Claus, just a myth that we have been fed since childhood, so we keep buying magazines and joining clubs and doing therapy and watching movies with hip hop songs played over love montages in this pathetic attempt to explain why our love Santa keeps getting caught in the chimney."
--'Kate and Leopold'

What we do is, we start over everyday. I choose you, you choose me.

"People are inspired to do remarkable things to find and be with the one they love. Big movies are made about it, and every relationship you admire bursts with a greatness that you hope for in your own life. And the more you value yourself, the more chance you’ll have of getting it."
--He’s Just Not That In To You

And they meet late on a Saturday, in the grip of winter's chapped lips. One's blind to all she has inside; one's sure that he knows what life's got in store. And when the stars and drunks have left the bar, he says, “We've just met, but I've seen you around. Can we share a car? Back to my place with movies made about outer space.” And so it seems they're off to share their waste.

"When I picked up the phone I realized that out of the billions of people on the planet, you were the one I wanted to speak to the most. It was like the deepest part of me took control and said what it felt, unafraid of embarrassment or rejection or any of that other stuff that normally leaves me paralyzed with fear. I didn't think. I just was."
--Mike Gayle, 'My Legendary Girlfriend'

No comments: