Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time grabs you by the hand and pulls you fast.

I guess I should say thank you, for cutting all my strings. But if it's all the same to you, I wish you'd left my wings.

You think bravery is to fight and courage is to die. But the bravest ones stand in front of those who would and say "We will not fight. Because courage is to live."

Where you are, right here and now, this is how bad stories end. But it's also how the best stories, begin.

Because you're looking for a date, not love. Because you're more interested in who you go to bed with than who you wake up next to. Because you tick boxes in your head instead of crossing lines in your heart.

Time grabs you by the hand and pulls you fast. Sometimes faster. And we don't notice at first because we're all still shocked at being alive.

I'll understand your silence. Because sometimes, you'll have to understand mine.

No comments: